Monday, November 8, 2010

PLAYS

There were many plays that I have written throughout my life. I wrote comedies, tragedies, and historical plays. For comedies, I wrote The Tempest, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Measure for Measure, The Comedy of Errors, Much Ado About Nothing, Love's Labour Lost, A Midsummer Nights Dream, The Merchant of Venice,  As You Like It, The Taming of the Shrew, All's Well that End's Well, Twelfth Night, The Winter's Tale, Pericles the Prince of Tyre, and The Two Noble Kinsmen. Some of the historical plays I had written throughout my life were King John, Richard II, Henry IV Part I, Henry IV Part II, Henry V, Henry VI Part I, Henry VI Part II,  Henry VI Part III Richard III, and Henry VIII. The tragedies that I wrote include Troilus and Cressida, Coriolanus, Titus Andronicus, Romeo and Juliet, Timon of Athens, Julius Caesar, Macbeth, Hamlet, King Lear, Othello, Antony and Cleopatra, and Cymbeline. The tragedy of Romeo and Juliet was written in the early years of my life. It was about two star crossed lovers who's deaths ultimately united their feuding families. It was one of the most popular archetypal stories of young, teenage lovers. Macbeth  was a tragedy that I had written for King James I, who had come to visit Queen Elizabeth. It related to the tragedy of King James I and  was fictious compared to the actual Macbeth of Scotland, who was admired and was an able monarch. This tragedy had nothing to do with real events that had happened in Scotland. Over the years, this play had attracted some of the greatest actors and actresses to play the role of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth.
Romeo and Juliet
Macbeth

2 comments:

  1. Hms..William Shakespeare.. a well known writer in Britain. I, Cardinal Richelieu of France, am a lover of theater entertainment, you see. Not only that, but i am a patron of art. I have funded literary careers of many artists, and writers. I am here to invite you to France to write tragedies and comedies for us. Please, accept our invitation and write for us. I would like to hear more of your interesting stories.
    --Cardinal Richeleiu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, my name is Catherine de' Medici and I dropped by to tell you how I love your plays so much. Each and everyone of your plays has an interesting plot and with the plot comes the characters. One day I would like you and your plays to participate in my court festivals. Having you as a guest would truly be an honor and it would be a day no one would ever forget. Please consider this invitation.

    ReplyDelete